Here on the Chicks Climbing Gossip Report you can catch up on all of the great gossip (articles, videos, and other assorted cool stuff) we talked about over the past week at Chicks Climbing. This is the LAST week to take advantage of a $50 savings on our July 27-30 Chicks Rock! event in Devil’s Lake, Wisconsin IF you sign up with a buddy! Read all the discount details here and don’t delay in signing up!
We also had an international Chicks sighting to report last week as alumnae Amy Jurries & Cheryl Wallace climbed with Girly Guide Caroline George in Chamonix! http://yfrog.com/oce5wygj
Last week we put the focus of our sponsor spotlight on our amazing title sponsors at Marmot, who have been steadfastly supporting our programs from the get-go! If you didn’t know, they have some really awesome DriClime technology that will keep you comfortable in a variety of conditions – read all about it here!
Finally, we had a lovely post from the Head Chick about how we are creatures of habit by our very nature, which can lead us to some (unfortunate) unhealthy ones. She gives advice on how to break out of these unhealthy habits here.
Also, don’t forget to check us out on Pinterest, where we are archiving many of the cool articles we link to. But be warned, it’s a total time suck! If you are on it too, hit us up with your link so we can follow all of our fellow climber Chicks! You can find us here: http://pinterest.com/chicksclimbing/
Did we miss any cool stuff this week? Let us know if you’ve got a link to some climbing-related goodies so we can share with everyone else!
– Did you catch Ashima’s segment on NBC?! What an amazing girl! http://fb.me/19IgsBq62
– Great blog from Beth Rodden with tips on projecting a climbing route: http://bit.ly/LGN916
– Nice video from Prana (@PrAnaLife) on Jacinda Hunter who talks about how climbing for her actually makes her a better mom to her 4 kids: http://bit.ly/KDCbZb
– Great TNB from Rock and Ice (@Rockandice) in which Alison Osius shows that getting “old” isn’t bad for your climbing: http://bit.ly/NNGQKl
– Great article at Women’s Adventure Magazine (@womensadventure) on creativity in climbing as Gail Rothschild talks about how she let climbing influence her artwork: http://bit.ly/PjOs4j
– Jeannie & Hannah get WAY more than they were looking for in the Bugs when climbing the Beckey-Chouinard: http://bit.ly/NNFI9C
– Madalene Sorkin & Kate Rutherford send the allegedly sandbagged 5.13a, The Phoenix, Tuesday, June 19 within hours of each other! http://ow.ly/bHX12
– Tina Johnsen Hafsaas makes her comeback to the world of climbing: http://bit.ly/KDAf37
– Catch up with Mayan Smith-Gobat as she talks about her time climbing in Colorado: http://fiveten.com/community/blog-detail/13173-colorado-mayan-smith-gobat
– Answers to a frequently asked question: How much can you climb (and how long) when you’re pregnant? http://bit.ly/LGULk1
– Great photos from Hans and Alex’s Nose Speed Record: http://ow.ly/bGyrM
– Congrats to the 10 strong climbers chosen by Steve House (@stevehouse10) for his Alpine Mentors (@alpinementors) tryouts: http://j.mp/N0yM34
– You know it will be a great climbing day when first step involves crawling over a railing to rappel into the abyss! Photo from Amy Jurries of The GearCaster: http://pic.twitter.com/qODur24W
– Like this guest post on Tales of a Mountain Mama (@mtnmamatales) about how a family started to climb together: http://bit.ly/L4hGA3 – great for new parents!
– Great interview with a NEW cragmama who took 11-week old “Baby T” on a weekend trip to the New: http://bit.ly/Mv2UXF
– Great news for not only New Hampshire climbing but all climbers! http://fb.me/1KeqLgnbX
– Busted at 25,500 feet, illegal Everest climber dragged off! http://ow.ly/bL1kU
– This week’s climbing and outdoor news from AAI: http://tinyurl.com/7slofla
- Have you ever washed your climbing harness? Tips for how to do so from Sierra Trading Post (@sierratp): http://bit.ly/NNzExU
– Whitney (@Whitneyio) shares her gear review of the Women’s Vajra Jacket by @SherpaAG: http://bit.ly/NNLjwN
- Amy of The GearCaster (@thegearcaster) reviews some new Columbia Sportswear goodies – the “Not Your Boyfriend’s Hiking Pants”: http://bit.ly/MovBTc
– Cool summer climbing gear up for review at Splitter Choss (@splitterchoss) – really like the look of that rope bag! http://bit.ly/KDzBm2
– A great way to recycle rope! http://fb.me/1NXIKCFTF
– Another very cool way climbing rope is used in some artistic-looking furniture pieces! “The Ultimate Climber Furniture” http://bit.ly/NCTUA4
– Nice TR from Erica (@cragmama) who went out to do some trad climbing at Moore’s Wall last week: http://bit.ly/NNIZG1
– Trip report from Jillian (@jillianlaura) who got to take her climbing outside for the first time with fellow Twitter climbers Janette (@cliffmama) & Andy (@aframe) in Rumney: http://wp.me/p1GlPl-dx
– Injuries – we all get one sooner or later. Great blog post from Whitney (@Whitneyio) as she fights a nagging back on “My thoughts on Injuries”: http://wp.me/p15yUq-uK
– Really look forward to reading Brendan of Semi-Rad (@semi_rad)’s blog each week. This week – Dream Big: http://is.gd/v5q1gu
– Ha! Splitter Choss on abandoned mine hazards at the crag – revealed! http://bit.ly/NNHLuf
If you have a blog entry that you think would be of interest to the women of Chicks Climbing please let us know! We love getting contributed content from other women – anything from trip reports, nutrition and training tips, to videos. We want to share your resources with the community – much like we do with the Gossip Report and are more than happy to re-publish and share links on behalf of the women’s climbing community!