Bringing the heat in the Gossip Report!
Here on the Chicks Climbing Gossip Report you can catch up on all of the great gossip (articles, videos, and other assorted cool stuff) we talked about over the past week at Chicks Climbing. We are still taking ladies who are interested in joining us for our July 27-30 Chicks Rock! event in Devil’s Lake, Wisconsin! Sign up quickly & get ready to have a great time at the lake
Speaking of Chicks events, we are thrilled to announce our 2013 Chicks with Picks ice climbing clinic dates! So check out your calendar and pencil us in, we have four different clinics to choose from, including the “Graduate” which is *just* after the Ouray Ice Fest. Check out the complete lineup here.
Speaking of Chicks with Picks 2013, we had another big announcement last week which is that Pamela Pack, offwidth climber extraordinaire, will be giving the featured slide show presentation at our Jan. 18 auction fundraiser event! Learn more about the badass Pamela here.
Last week we also published a blog to introduce you to our awesome sponsors at Omega Pacific & their awesome line of quickdraws. If you have never checked them out, please do so. Your rack & wallet will thank you
We have a new partner search happening in our “Chicks Chat” section – Debra K in Flagstaff is looking for a partner. Do you know someone (or are you someone) that is interested? Check out the discussion here!
A reminder that if you make or sell clothing and/or gear that is of interest to women climbers, you can link to it through the Chicks website for increased visibility here in our “Go Shopping” section. Please contact us at info(@)chickswithpicks.net if you are interested in getting your gear featured here!
And, because we are extra proud we are keeping this in the rotation for one more week: Chicks made the Wall Street Journal last weekend in a piece about women looking for “un-girly” weekend trips. Check it out here! (Devil’s Lake is the featured clinic here!)
Also, don’t forget to check us out on Pinterest, where we are archiving many of the cool articles we link to. But be warned, it’s a total time suck! If you are on it too, hit us up with your link so we can follow all of our fellow climber Chicks! You can find us here: http://pinterest.com/chicksclimbing/
Did we miss any cool stuff this week? Let us know if you’ve got a link to some climbing-related goodies so we can share with everyone else!
- Awesome insight into Pamela Pack’s (@Pamela_Pack) recent offwidth FAs & her training program to carry a 20lb rack: http://wp.me/pNUbx-gP
- Prana ambassador & climber Jen Vennon gives her tips for getting the most out of a summer break as a teacher & climber: http://fb.me/1JtwElRkg
- The interview with Alex Honnold & Hans Florine of their speed record on the Nose, El Cap: http://on.natgeo.com/LRiMQN
- Totally rad!!! 55-year old Jean-Pierre Bouvier, a Fountainbleu local, puts up 9A traverse. http://bit.ly/M13o6a
- Comprehensive listing of climbing finger injury articles – a good page to bookmark! http://bit.ly/MCK7tt
- Ten Top Tips For Better Belaying: http://bit.ly/MQqHiC
- Right On Leslie! Yes, June did ROCK! http://fb.me/1M2SQxhgi
- A very honest & heartfelt piece from Christa (@ClimbingBetty): My new blog post about being a wuss and a climber http://aclimbingbetty.blogspot.com/2012/06/plight-of-chicken-hearted.html
- Whoa. Badass Jenya Kazbekova climbed 8b+ at only 13 years old. Makes it look easy at age 15! http://bit.ly/MFTJRE
- Oh. My. God. http://bit.ly/QB6YG4 Keep watching, it gets more interesting… Well done to the top rope team.
- Exciting news from the AAC (@americanalpine) who has hired a new Southeast Regional Coordinator Lisa! http://owl.li/bJEG0
- Everest circus continues. Mountaineering teams in dispute over Mount Everest ‘summit certificates’ http://soc.li/izJi0MY
- The 2012 International Climbers’ Festival is quickly approaching http://bit.ly/M04baC
- Shoe review of the Five Ten (@5Ten) Coyote VCS Canvas Women’s Shoe by Colette McInerney http://bit.ly/MkezcK
- Check it out, a pair of Scarpa Freney GTX ice boots for sale @ $100! http://bit.ly/N3gNIn
- Congrats to Katie (@themorningfresh) who just sent her longest ever climbing pursuit, Super Mario: http://wp.me/pUBYV-Q0
- Super fun Moab backcountry adventure with tons of pics from Steph Davis (@highsteph): http://bit.ly/LiC3LP
- Good question from Majka (@majkaburhardt) Hence the question- how many rest days are too many rest days? http://bit.ly/MeiCYK
- Part two of Eileen’s (@rockgrrl) spring YOS trip: 7 Days of Awesome in Yosemite http://bit.ly/LfbqMu
- Love this blog from climber Beth Rodden on “Childhood Memories & Growing Up In Small Outdoor Shops”: http://bit.ly/KyZfne
- Trinity is a Chicks alumna! These gals ARE awesome!!! Awesome enough for Jill of @geargals to make them “honorary” Gargals! Introducing the Tres Chicas Locas: http://bit.ly/MwZHXy
- A Salute to Climbing Rangers, a ‘Breed Apart’ http://bit.ly/KzlOYV
- Love this sticker from Black Diamond (@blackdiamondusa): “stealing your girlfriend’s lust since 1989.” http://instagr.am/p/MTY9rWijXN/
- This *may* be helpful to you someday! The Swiss Army Survival Tampon – 10 Survival Uses… http://bit.ly/L01Mgx
- Make your rappel more fun with theme music from the A-Team (need to try this!). New from Brendan of @semi_rad: http://bit.ly/MCKuo7
If you have a blog entry that you think would be of interest to the women of Chicks Climbing please let us know! We love getting contributed content from other women – anything from trip reports, nutrition and training tips, to videos. We want to share your resources with the community – much like we do with the Gossip Report and are more than happy to re-publish and share links on behalf of the women’s climbing community!