Here’s a quick rundown on some of the great gossip and resources we came across this past week at Chicks Climbing!
We hope this wrap-up is helpful to you since we come across climbing articles and other useful resources rather sporadically and know everyone isn’t online all the time, or even on both (or either) of these social media platforms. So to make sure everyone gets access we will be linking to our resources here on the Chicks Climbing blog each week.
Is there something we missed that you came across this week? Please, let us know so we can share with everyone else!
- – Gear review of the Marmot Power Stretch Jacket: http://ow.ly/1RN1G
- – Gear Review of the Marmot Bliss Capri: http://youtu.be/O3czhMCrmhU?a
Climbing & Fear
- – How fear can impact your climbing: http://bit.ly/cVjO38
- – A MUST read from Steph Davis: Scared to fall? You are definitely not alone: http://www.highinfatuation.com/blog/fear-for-all/
- – How to get better at climbing? Climb! That’s according to Will Gadd and Dave MacLeod: http://ow.ly/1PG8E
- – Why are there so few women serving as professional guides? Article says it is a cultural history issue, do you agree?: http://ow.ly/1PmRe
Women doing cool stuff
- – Cool report on Black Diamond athlete Barbara “Babsi” Zangerl cranking out sport crags in Austria this Spring: http://ow.ly/1S3hb
- – “Women With Altitude” a film about women breaking the cycle of domestic violence by climbing in the Bolivian Andes: http://ow.ly/1R7FS
- – American Alpine Journal report on Majka Burhardt’s first ascent of Southern Crossing, a V 5.11+ on the Orabeskopf Face of Brandberg, Namibia last summer http://ow.ly/1S3ra
- – The most effective ways to bring along booze in the backcountry: http://ow.ly/1Rege
- – The AAC is hiring – are you up to the task?: http://ow.ly/1QmmX
- – Great opportunity for kids to take part in Outdoor Youth Summit June 19-20 in NYC; limited travel scholarships available: http://ow.ly/1PIlX
- – HERA Climb for Life Colorado coming up June 11-12:http://ow.ly/1OcP2
What did we miss? Please let us know in the comments section below and we will make sure to share it!