We are excited to announce the winners of our “Caption that Photo” contest, with prizes from our awesome sponsors at Marmot. The giveaway for each winner is one Marmot Zelus 25 pack (in black!). So, who won? Check it out, below!
Photo No. 1
The winning caption for Photo No. 1 comes from Paul-Baptiste who said: “Whoever shall pull this ice tool from this stone shall be the rightful Queen!”
Here are a few of our other favorite captions for this photo:
– Most guys need two. -Kate
– Fear has stuck Lisa here so long the ice and snow have melted away. -Matthew Rendo
– Jen tried in vain to break off a piece of what she thought was the biggest rock candy she had ever seen. -Helen
– So this is what it feels like to be a dentist! -Szelatr
– Perhaps one ice ax is not an effective weight-saving method -Mattfnbrown
Photo No. 2
The winning caption for Photo No. 2 comes from Jessica (Capow21) who wrote: “(While grinning) I hope this doesn’t go on Facebook, I told my husband I was just running into town to pick up some ice.”
Here again were some of our other favorites (it was REALLY hard to pick just one winner!)
– No seriously, I think this is where we parked. -Paul-Baptiste
– Being the fastest climber, Steve was assigned to wear the “Butt-Cam.” Little did he know that his trusty climbing pants had split their seam… -Michael
– We heard there was chocolate up here. -Kristen
– This may be the hardest day of our lives Donna, but pretend you’re having a ton of fun so no one says “I told you so…” -Justin Lukasavige
– “Where are George and Tom?”
“Still at the bottom.”
“I guess they owe us dinner!” -Carter_ak
Photo No. 3
The winning caption for Photo No. 3 came from Helen (who had a LOT of funny entries) but won with this one: “Everyone knew Megan was a bit of a princess, but needing a new pick for every hold was stepping over the line.”
Here are just a few of the other captions that had us laughing!
– Her grade school ballet lessons have paid off – check out that a la seconde! -Busterjones75
– The guidebook clearly stated… “Not good with math? NOT a problem, it only takes 5 picks to enjoy and complete this climb.” -Jeff A
– OK, I’ve strung all the ice tools, holiday decorating is complete! -Szelatr
– Jenn always finds nifty gear left behind after the first thaw of winter -Ty
– Why do the kids always leave their ice axes laying around? I am tired of cleaning up after them! -Tasay Mtn
We’re surprised no-one captioned this photo for the obvious climbing booty in the ice 😉 I mean, can you imagine finding all of those ice tools as booty?!?!
Thanks again to ALL who entered, we were BLOWN AWAY with the response and appreciate each and every one of you that entered, giving us so much laughter over the last few weeks. We hope to do this again soon with our sponsors at Marmot! And winners, we hope you enjoy those packs!