- Have you ever felt the high, and then the crash, from a sugar rush?
- Have you ever felt sluggish after lunch?
- Have you ever felt nauseous because you were exerting yourself and could not digest the badly needed energy snack you had just eaten?
GU gels can help.
For 25 years, GU has been driven to answer three questions:
What to eat? When to eat? How much to eat?
- The gels (and their other products) are designed with the maximum amount of fructose and glucose – and in the optimal ratio – for digestion and energy.
- If you are exercising for 1- 2 hours, the focus should be on hydration and light energy. So you might eat a gel and drink 16 ounces of liquid after 45 minutes if the workout is over an hour and repeat every hour.
News Flash! Gu announced a new flavor on June 11—French Toast. The National Interscholastic Cycling Association, which aims to get more kids on bikes, helped create the flavor GU had a group of high schoolers come into their office to work with their R&D team to pick the flavor they liked best, and it was French Toast.
Stay tuned for information on GU hydration and BCAAs, your muscle insurance policy, in a future newsletter.