Here on the Chicks Climbing Gossip Report you can catch up on all of the great gossip (articles, videos, and other assorted cool stuff) we talked about over the past week at Chicks Climbing! We are getting ready for the New in less than two weeks! If you want to come out and climb with some Chicks at the New Sept. 23-25 you need to sign up now! There are just a few days left to sign up for this clinic (and only a few spots), the deadline is this Friday, Sept. 16!
We also had a fun Chicks sighting to report thanks to Anne Hughes that included hiking, biking, a bad-ass half marathon Sue L. ran as well as some Chicks Climbing! Check it out here. (P.S. if you have a Chicks sighting to share please send the info. to chicksclimbing[at]gmail.com – we LOVE getting these!!!)
All of the other articles we linked to this past week through either the Chicks Climbing Twitter account, or on the Chicks Climbing Facebook fan page (and some on both!). We provide this wrap-up because we come across a TON of great resources each week, but understand that not everyone is online all the time, or even on both (or either) of these social media platforms. So you can check here each and every week for the latest and greatest in Chicks Climbing resources.
However, we know WE may have also missed some cool stuff this week, so if there is something of interest we missed that you came across this week please, let us know so we can share with everyone else!
Quote of the week from Paul-Baptiste (@paukku) who cited Gary Clark in this awesome quote: “I think climbers should get credit just for remembering what their jobs are on Mondays.”
– Less than two weeks in Spain and check out Sasha DiGiulian’s (@sashadigiulian) ticklist – amazing! http://ht.ly/6rQo1
– Wondering where to take your next climbing adventure? Here’s a suggestion for Greenland: http://ht.ly/6nJIH
– Nice perspective on contingent ascents from Andrew Bisharat (@EveningSends): http://ht.ly/6o2Oj PLUS a great trad climb on sport route video!
– Great feature in La Sportiva latest e-blast on Jenn Flemming and her latest trip to IRAN! http://ht.ly/6oedr
– Good advice from lots of our Twitter friends on this blog devoted to new climbers: http://ht.ly/6nKQO
– New girl beta is out – check out the details on The Kind V5, Emerald Lake at RMNP thanks to Vertical Girl (@verticalgirl): http://ht.ly/6oQvu
– Fear climbing? Just breathe: http://ht.ly/6p3Ny
– A Lesson On How To Live, From Climber Craig DeMartino featured on semi-rad.com: http://ow.ly/6oXai
– Have you ever climbed naked? Chicks alumna Jenn Fields (@jennfields) shares her first nude climb experience: http://ht.ly/6rRdy
– SENDtember is going great for Sasha DiGiulian. Climbing Mag reports on her 5.14a, 5.13d, and 5.13b onsights … in one day. Dang. http://ht.ly/6oetf
– Check out the Columbia Dolomite Pant reviewed by Jill (@Geargals) – and see how you can score a pair for just $35! http://ht.ly/6mBR5
– Interesting review on “game changer” Antihydral (skin-drying agent) for climbers: http://ht.ly/6mXxX
– Good blog from AAI (@alpineinstitute) on marking your gear: http://tinyurl.com/3f97cgd
– Gear review of the PETZL Xion Rope & Ange Finesse Quickdraws from Paul-Baptiste (@paukku) http://ht.ly/6nK7Q
– A review from Jill (@Geargals) of her favorite (and long lost) @patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt http://ht.ly/6oekY
Training & Nutrition
– Good explanation of eccentric training for cocentric climbing motion from Alli Rainey (@allirainey): http://ht.ly/6mCnl
– The latest in Alli Rainey’s (@allirainey) “What I Do and the Science Behind It” is FLEXIBILITY! http://ht.ly/6nIIu Do you train for it?
– Here it is, the REEL ROCK Film Tour 2011 Trailer – get psyched! http://fb.me/HHheAx8r
– Love the latest “Life on Lead” column in Alpine Athena (@alpineathena) reminding us to look around for those two little extra inches: http://ht.ly/6mF56
– Jackson Hole bouldering park is a model for what every town should have. http://ht.ly/6oKRh
– Can’t wait to see this movie on Elizabeth Hawley! http://ht.ly/6pqhV
– Trip report from Amy’s (@TheGearcaster) climb in the Italian Dolomites! http://ht.ly/6nIwh
– Ticking Mt. Elbert off her 14er list, Whitney (@whitneyio) shares her experience from last weekend: http://ht.ly/6o32c
– Erica (@cragmama) got SENDtember off to such a great start at the Obed! Here’s her TR: http://ht.ly/6pRK0
– “How to piss off a female employee of a gear shop” http://ht.ly/6myWD – funny how many of these parallel climbing with certain dudes!
– Interesting discussion on sharing pack weight happening on @BackpackerMag: http://ht.ly/6nJbs
If you have a blog entry that you think would be of interest to the women of Chicks Climbing please let us know! We love getting contributed content from other women – anything from trip reports, nutrition and training tips, to videos. We want to share your resources with the community – much like we do with the Gossip Report and are more than happy to re-publish and share links on behalf of the women’s climbing community!